Official Rules for Bite the Ice on The Hook
1. All North Dakota Game and Fish regulations must be followed.
2. You must have a current North Dakota fishing license and abide by all state laws.
3. Registration will be at the Van Hook West Ramp from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. All ticket holders must pass through inspection entrance to be eligible to fish.
4. Permanent and portable fish houses along with vehicles, 4 wheelers, and snowmobiles will be allowed on the ice if ice conditions permit. They must pass through inspection before being allowed onto the ice to be eligible to fish in. All personal articles are subject to search.
5. Hours of contest will be 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Saturday, February 6, 2016. All fish must be measured by 2:00 PM. Prize awards and raffle drawings will be held no sooner than 2:30 PM at the designated area.
6. Participants must present fishing ticket at registration in order to fish. One fishing ticket per person.
7. You must fish in our designated area. Entrance onto the ice will be at the Van Hook West Ramp. Perimeters will be patrolled. Watch for flags in the ice.
8. Boundaries will be determined by the conditions of the ice. Watch for orange flags marking the boundaries.
9. No contestant may fish within contest area prior to the start of the contest (10:00 AM) on the day of the tournament; no line in water--even to check or set depth before 10:00 AM.
10. Participants will be responsible for drilling their own fishing holes. No pre-drilling of holes or starting of ice augers before 10:00 AM. Not following these rules will call for disqualification.
11. Four lines can be used at a time per contestant. You may move locations at will within the tournament area.
12. Anyone leaving fishing area must remove lines from the water per Game and Fish regulations.
13. Electronic equipment is allowed including (but not limited to) depth finders, graphs, and underwater cameras.
14. All fish entered must be brought to the judges' stand immediately. Only live or unfrozen fish are eligible. Only fish caught during the contest hours within tournament boundaries are eligible.
15. Any fish brought up from your fishing hole is YOUR fish. There will be no contestant sharing of fish.
16. In the event of a tie of length, the first fish measured will be awarded the higher position.
17. Participants must behave in an orderly manner and be responsible for their actions. There should be no debris left in the fishing areas during or after the contest.
18. Decisions by our judges will be binding and final. There will be a $250 protest fee.
19. All winners are responsible for their own taxes and license.
20. Parent or guardian is responsible for taxes and or license if a minor wins a major prize.
21. Only one (1) fishing prize per person per species.
22. If a species is not caught, prizes will be drawn for among those participating in the contest.
23. Winners are responsible for picking up their prizes within 30 days. If not picked up within 30 days they become property of "Bite the Ice".
24. No alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, firearms or weapons will be allowed in the fishing contest area.
25. Ticket sales are limited to 1250.
26. There will be no refunds if the contest is cancelled. In case of bad weather the derby will be held on Saturday, February 13, 2016.
27. Failure to comply with these rules may lead to a contestant's disqualification and cancellation of participation in this contest.
29. "Bite the Ice" is not responsible for any accidents.
30. For further information, visit www.newtownchamber.com or www.parshallnd.com or email email@example.com.